- 5 cups spinah
- 1 ear of corn, kernels cut from cob
- 1 apple, cored and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh dill, minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Parmigiano Reggiano, shaved (optional)
- Wash, dry and place the spinach on a large platter.
- Remove the husk and silk from the ear of corn. Then place it wide end down in a large mixing bowl. Firmly grab the tip of the ear and very carefully cut the kernels away from the cob.
- Remove the core, then thinly slice the apple. Add the apple slices to the bowl.
- Thinly slice about a quarter cup of red onion. Add to the mixing bowl.
- Mince 1 Tablespoon each of fresh dill and fresh parsley. Sprinkle over the vegetables.
- Whisk together lemon juice, olive oil and maple syrup.
- Season with salt and pepper (to taste).
- Pour over the vegetables and gently toss.
- Spoon the dressed vegetables over the bed of spinach, top with a few shavings of Parmigiano Reggiano and serve.
- No spinach? Try arugula or a nice leafy lettuce.
- Switch up the herbs. Replace the dill with fresh tarragon.
- Instead of Parmigiano, be bold with some crumbled blue cheese.
- For even more crunch, add toasted walnuts.