- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a food processor add the basil leaves and pine nuts.
- Roughly chop the garlic cloves and add them to the food processor.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper, then put on the lid and start the food processor.
- With the food processor on, stream in the extra virgin olive oil.
- When the mixture appears well incorporated, turn off the food processor and pour the pesto into a medium sized bowl.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese and it’s ready to put on pasta, chicken or whatever!
See this recipe in action in our Episodes section.