- 3 large Apples, cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup Toasted Old-fashioned Rolled Oats
- 3/4 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/4 teaspoon Orange Oil
- 1/2 cup Apple Cider
- 3/4 stick of Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix sliced apples, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, orange oil, 1 tablespoon flour and dried cranberries in a large bowl. Toss to mix.
- Transfer apple mixture to an 8 x 8 baking dish. Pour apple cider over top of mixture.
- In a medium bowl combine remaining brown sugar, remaining flour, oats, butter, and cinnamon. With a pastry blender or fork, mix until topping appears crumbly.
- Sprinkle topping over apple mixture in baking dish.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until top is browned and apples are tender.
- Serve hot or at room temperature
- This dish tastes great with homemade whipped cream or organic vanilla ice cream! Mmmmm…
See this recipe in action in our Episodes section.